International Manifesto Group: US Elections 2020 and the Future of the World Order
November 7, 2020
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM (CT)
US elections 2020 could produce clear results or, as also seems likely, an uncertain outcome. Either way, they will mark another, possibly momentous, milestone in the downward trajectory of the country’s political and geopolitical economy of recent decades. Developments in the US will reverberate around the world, affecting political trends within countries and the shape of the world order. They are certainly set to further accelerate China’s rising prominence in it. Panellists with expertise on different regions and themes will dwell on the significance of the outcome.
Moderator: Radhika Desai, Professor, University of Manitoba, Director, Geopolitical Economy Research Group
· John Ross, Senior Fellow at Chongyang Institute for Financial Studies at Renmin University of China.
· Oleg Barabanov, Programme Director, Valdai Discussion Club, Academic Director, European Studies Institute, MGIMO University.
· Michael Brie, social philosopher, Institute for Critical Social Analysis, Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, Berlin.
· Claude Serfati, Associate Researcher, Institut de Recherche Économique et Sociale, France.
· Tomoo Marukawa, Professor, University of Tokyo.
· Kate Hudson, General Secretary, Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND)
· Gavin Rae, Sociologist, Fundacja Naprzód, Warsaw.
· Dimitri Lascaris, Lawyer, Journalist and Activist, Canada.
· Carlos Ron, Vice-Minister for North America, Venezuela’s Ministry for Foreign Relations
· Yash Tandon, Ugandan policymaker, political activist, professor, author and intellectual.
· Oscar Ugarteche, Professor, Instituto de Investigaciones Económicas, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México.
· Radhika Desai, Professor, University of Manitoba, Director, Geopolitical Economy Research Group
Please Find us : Facebook: RDCYINST Twitter: RDCYINST LinkedIn: 人大重阳RDCY Instagram:rdcyinst
A distinguished panel of experts attending an e-symposium organized by TRENDS Research & Advisory on Wednesday (September 9, 2020) urged the media and think-tanks worldwide to engage more for the cause of public good during times of crisis. Dr. Wang Wen was invited to delivery a keynote speech.