Click for full report:
“America Ranked First”?!
The Truth about America’s fight against COVID-19
● Flying in the face of stark reality, some U.S. media have rated the United States as “number one in the world” for its response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is contrary to basic human ethics and facts. It will not help future generations to look at the current world history realistically and objectively. On August 9, 2021, the Chongyang Institute for Financial Studies, Renmin University of China, together with Taihe Think Tank and Intellisia Institute, released a research report entitled "The Truth about America's Fight against COVID-19".
● On July 30, 2021, the number of new COVID-19 cases in a single day exceeded 100,000 across the United States, entering the fourth wave of upsurge. Behind the cold numbers lies the domestic politics of the United States -- particularly the highly politicized partisanship, which has taken many lives of the Americans “who need not have died.”
● From the first COVID-19 outbreak to the present, there are many disagreements among the two parties of the United States that hold the country back: from nucleic acid testing, masks wearing, social distancing, home quarantine, vaccinations, to the distribution of strategic medical reserves, emergency relief bills, between federal, state, and local levels, between executive, legislative and judicial branches, and between conservative and liberal media.
● Under the double blow of the virus and man-made misfortunes, the pandemic has not been effectively controlled so far. Yet the bodies of more than 600,000 Americans are piling up like mountains. “It's a slaughter,” said William Foege, an American epidemiologist.
● The U.S. government's efforts in pandemic prevention and control, policy measures, and source investigation went against science and common sense, and were the direct reasons why the United States is a “failed country in fighting the pandemic”.
● By May 26, 2020, Donald Trump was mentioned in about 38 percent of the English-language media's fake reports on COVID-19. This made “The U.S. President Donald Trump to be probably the biggest promotor of COVID-19 misinformation.”
● What was the outbreak of so-called “respiratory disease” or “white lung disease” of unknown cause in the United States in the second half of 2019 COVID-19 really about? What kind of research is going on at Fort Detrick and other biological laboratories around the country? Is it related to COVID-19? How were the security measures implemented? Is it related to the origin of the global COVID-19 outbreak? These are all questions that should be answered. But the U.S. government has been evading them.
● To exploit the pandemic for political purposes, the U.S. government has suppressed scientists and professional opinion. Scientists who denied the “lab leaks” were subjected to cyber violence and harassment. This affected their normal work and even physically threatened them.
Please Find us: Twitter: RDCYINST YouTube: RealRDCY LinkedIn: 人大重阳RDCY Facebook: RDCYINST Instagram: rdcyinst
Infrastructure construction in China's rural areas is important for their development and connectivity with cities. But building roads might not be enough. Liu Zhiqin, a senior fellow at Chongyang Institute of Financial Studies, shares his thoughts.